Health Care Forum
According the International Agency for Research on Cancer, the world spends about $320 billion on cancer treatment and prevention each year, but according to this group, half of cancer deaths could be avoided if the money were spent more wisely.
Through The Economist’s distinct lens of rigorous analysis and foresight, the Health Care Forum: War on Cancer event will explore the future of health systems design, technological innovation, provision and finance. This event will focus on innovative approaches and solutions across policy and financing, prevention, early detection, treatment and long-term management of this deadly disease.
- Judith Salerno, President and chief executive, Susan G. Komen
- Simrit Parmar, Associate professor, stem cell transplant and cellular therapy, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Edward Benz, Chief executive and president, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Otis Brawley, Chief medical and scientific officer, American Cancer Society
- Edward Trimble, Director, center for global health, National Institutes of Health
Join the #HealthCareForum conversation.
Save $350 on the standard rate. Register with code DWHC350.
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the roles of connected health technologies and innovations in driving changes in consumer behaviors and business models. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health technologies in particular, which all require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
Women in Digital Health Summer Social: Interactive Design & Virtual Reality Applications for Healthcare
Marina del Rey, CA
Join Women in Digital Health (formerly the LA Chapter of XX in Health) for their Summer Social in Marina Del Rey! Women in Digital Health invites you to attend a spring mixer with a remarkable group of women catalyzing change in healthcare.
Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
4136 Del Rey Avenue
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
The Walking Gallery
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
The DIA 2015 51st Annual Meeting brings together a global community of life sciences professionals at all levels and across all disciplines all with a common goal to foster innovation that will lead to the development of safe and effective medical products and therapies to patients.
Come join on Monday, June 15 from 4:00-6:00PM in the Exhibit Hall as we gather and welcome members of The Walking Gallery, a patient empowerment movement founded by Artist Regina Holliday.
Current Walking Gallery members interested in joining us at the Opening Reception can RSVP to Julie.Ho@diahome.org
DIA Annual Meeting Participants who are interested in joining The Walking Gallery as a walking member must contact Regina Holliday (via Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn) prior to the Annual Meeting Watch The Walking Gallery of Health Care
A Disruptive Health Services MashUp – Moving Research into Policy
The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, DC
Want to know how research and data are making their way into actual health facilities and making a difference in the lives of real people? Curious about how those responsible for running clinics and working with Medicaid patients can not only benefit from research findings but can inform both policy makers and researchers about gaps in knowledge? Want to expand the conversation about how to move research into policy and practice? If you consider yourself a data maven, frontline health provider, social media heavyweight, health services researcher or policy wonk, this is the place to be. Come join us as we move research & data into policy & practice.
Join us for breakfast as we learn about AcademyHealth’s
Promising Pathways to Make Research More Accessible and Actionable
Disruptive Women from the field will share ideas with health services researchers
|When:||Tuesday, June 2nd 8:00-8:45 am—Breakfast included with conversation|
|Where:||Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road NW, Washington DC
Room: Washington 4
- Lauren Radomski, MPP – Senior Manager, AcademyHealth, The Medicaid Listening Project
- Alicia Wilson – Executive Director, La Clinica del Pueblo
- Wen Dombrowski, MD, MBA – Aging, Technology, Social Media Advisor, Resonate Health
There is no cost to attend this event
The Hazards and Allure of Indoor Tanning Beds on College Campuses
Rayburn House Office Building B-338
A panel discussion to explore the accessibility and availability of indoor tanning to young people, especially those on college campuses, and the risks of indoor tanning. Many colleges and universities allow students to use their campus cash cards for tanning, and many more have tanning facilities located either on or near campus. These salons market directly to the college student by sponsoring on campus events and through student discounts, while often underplaying the risks associated with indoor tanning. This panel will address the current landscape of colleges and universities that allow or enable tanning on or near campus, as well as discuss the associated risks involved with tanning. You will hear from a top researcher in this field, as well as a melanoma survivor who will share her personal journey with this disease. You will learn about ways to discover whether your local colleges and universities are pro-tanning, and what you can do to educate students in your communities. This will be an informative afternoon, with an opportunity to network and speak directly with experts in this field. Use #no2tanbeds to spread the message to your social networks.
- Rep. Rosa DeLauro, (D, CT); leader on regulating and labeling tanning beds;
- Rep. Charlie Dent, (R, PA); leader on cancer issues;
- Elizabeth L. Tanzi, MD, FAAD, Co-director, Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery; Associate Professor of Dermatology; George Washington University Medical Center
- Sherry Pagoto, PhD, University of Massachusetts Medical School; Led study published online on October 29, 2014 in JAMA Dermatology evaluating the availability of indoor tanning beds on or near college campuses; and
- Briana Bilbray Baleskie, melanoma survivor, daughter of former Rep. Bilbray (R-CA).
Light refreshments will be provided. This invitation will be widely distributed.
Digital Health Innovation Summit
Join 20+ Industry Speakers & 100+ attendees in Philadelphia – This summit offers an interactive platform for those looking to utliize, innovate and develop digital initiatives within the healthcare industry.
- 20+ industry expert keynote presentations
- 100+ Healthcare & Digital Leaders attending
- Interactive workshops with industry leaders
- Over 25 hours of networking opportunities included
- Access to online presentations on-demand post-summit
- 20+ case studies presented from Fortune 500 companies
To learn more please contact Nathan Meyer
Save 20% Code: DWH20
Gain knowledge and take action by getting important information from our expert speakers. Receive hope and support by networking with others.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Young adult newly diagnosed, in treatment, long-term survivor (18-39 years old)
- Caregiver or loved one of a young adult with cancer
- Health Professional involved in the care of young adult with cancer
To register or for more information, call 800.789.PENN (7366) or visit OncoLink.org/Conference/Cancervention.
Click here to view a detailed brochure on the event.
11th Annual Yale Healthcare Conference
Yale School of Management, New Haven, CT
The Yale Healthcare Conference is a joint effort between the Yale School of Management and the Health Professional Schools at Yale University that brings together professionals, scholars, and students to engage in an instructive conversation concerning current healthcare issues. This will be the conference’s 11th consecutive year, and we look forward to seeing everyone in New Haven on Friday, April 10th!
Register here: http://www.yalehealthcare.com/afternoon-session/