11th Annual Yale Healthcare Conference
Yale School of Management, New Haven, CT
The Yale Healthcare Conference is a joint effort between the Yale School of Management and the Health Professional Schools at Yale University that brings together professionals, scholars, and students to engage in an instructive conversation concerning current healthcare issues. This will be the conference’s 11th consecutive year, and we look forward to seeing everyone in New Haven on Friday, April 10th!
Register here: http://www.yalehealthcare.com/afternoon-session/
MassMEDIC Women in MedTech Forum: Disruptive Technologies in Medicine-Kick-off Event
Mass. Medical Society
MassMEDIC’s Women in MedTech Forum’s mission is to unite New England medical device executive women by providing an inspirational and educational leadership forum.
Joining the forum is our own Robin Strongin, President & CEO of Amplify Public Affairs (a woman-owned small business), and Creator & Founder of the award winning Disruptive Women in Health Care
Join us for breakfast, great networking and the kick off meeting of the MassMEDIC Women in Medtech Forum.
Meet Robin Strongin, founder of Disruptive Women in Health Care. The mission of Robin’s organization is “to serve as a platform for provocative ideas, thoughts, and solutions in the health sphere.” Disruptive Women has become an online destination for innovative thinking and has become a thought leader and influencer in its own right, receiving numerous awards and accolades including being named “one of the top health policy blogs” by Health Tech and a “Fierce Female Healthcare Blog To Watch” by Fierce Healthcare.
- Learn about new disruptive medtech innovations that will change the way medical care is delivered.
- Gain new perspective on changes that affect the medical device space as the US HC industry goes through an enormous and lengthy transformation.
- Connect with and enjoy meeting other senior executive women in the medical device industry.
Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking
Welcome, Mission and Future Meetings of the Women in MedTech Forum
Randel Richner, Executive Vice President, Intralign; Secretary, MassMEDIC
Maria Shepherd, President and Founder, Data Decision Group
Interview of Robin Strongin
Seating for this event is limited.
The Economist: Innovation Forum 2015
Although innovation has become synonymous with Silicon Valley, it is equally as vital to long-established industries. Global economic shifts continue to force major sectors, including manufacturing, health care and finance, to create and adopt disruptive new business models and processes.
Attend The Economist‘s annual Innovation Forum on March 26th with our $400 discount. Examine how the health-care industry is at the forefront of some of the most cutting-edge innovations and what other industries can learn from private health care’s ability to embrace rapid technological change.
Special offer: If you’re one of the next 15 people to register, you’ll also receive access to an exclusive roundtable discussion with business innovation expert Robert Wolcott on the day of the event.
The 12th Annual World Health Care Congress
The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, DC
The 12th Annual World Health Care Congress convenes decision makers from all sectors of health care to catalyze change. In 2015, faculty focus on critical challenges and opportunities including the impact of ACA implementation on health care businesses one year in, payer and provider consolidation, new approaches to value-based payment, and novel partnerships with the true potential to move the needle on care coordination and delivery.
Disruptive Women in Health Care Readers: Register today to save $300 off the current rates. Use PRIORITY CODE DWIHC300. Priority Codes are NOT valid toward Government Rate, Webcast, or Workshop Only options. REGISTER HERE.
For more information on the Congress visit http://www.worldcongress.com/events/HR15000/.
National Wear Red Day
National Wear Red Day® is a special day dedicated to bringing attention to this staggering fact that each year, 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke. Wear red to encourage women to raise their voices, know their cardiovascular risk and take action to live longer, healthier lives.
For more information visit: http://www.goredforwomen.org/wearredday/.
Technology Gets Intimate: We're Making it Personal
Talking about them can be tough – you know, things like sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, pregnancy or mental health. But what if these private, often hard-to-broach topics were at the core of a discussion surrounding technology and mobile health? Would you listen?
Room: Potomac Room 4-5
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 9, 4-5 pm, followed by a Disruptive Women in Health Care reception at the Pose Ultra Lounge from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Nancy Green is the Health Care Managing Principal of Verizon Healthcare, focusing on strategic business development as well as the development of solutions and initiatives to address virtual care/telehealth, mhealth, home health and converged wireless mobility.
- Ramin Bastani is Founder and CEO of Healthvana, a patient engagement platform that streamlines provider/patient communication of lab results and health information, such as results of an STD test, in a manner that is simple, actionable and easy to understand.
- Andre Blackman is the Founder of Pulse & Signal, which aims to empower and equip forward-thinking organizations and high-impact thought leaders in health through strategic digital communications.
- Jen Hyatt is the Founder and CEO of Big White Wall, a multi-award winning digital behavioral health and well-being service that delivers personalized support and recovery pathways to improve mental health and related conditions via a safe and engaging collaborative platform of peers, professionals and evidence-based digital partners.
- Tanya Jones is a Board Member of the U.N. Foundation’s mPowering Front Line Health Workers, which accelerates the use of mobile and digital health to improve the performance of front line health workers to prevent child and maternal deaths.
- Alicia Wilson is the Executive Director of La Clinica del Pueblo, a federally qualified health center, which offers free culturally appropriate health services to the Latino and immigrant community, focusing on the most vulnerable.
Co-Sponsors of the event are Verizon and the Personal Connected Health Alliance
2014 mHealth Summit
Gaylord National Harbor, Washington DC
Disparities and Disservice: Women Veterans Deserve Better Health Care
Library of Congress, Jefferson Building Members Room
A panel discussion to explore the disparities that exist in the health care available to women veterans, particularly those with disabilities.
As more women enter military service, there is growing awareness of the unique care women veterans require. From proper care management, timely mammography screenings, and adequate prescription drug counseling for birth defects, to the recognition that our women veterans deserve equal access to quality specialized care. This panel will explore the impacts to women veterans and the need for equity in the delivery of health care services to them. You will hear from panelists who will address the current legislative landscape, the role of social media in connecting and informing on care and services, and what one state has done to overcome these shortfalls.
- Representative Tim Walz (D-Minn)
- Lourdes E. (Alfie) Alvarado-Ramos, Director, WA State Department of Veterans Affairs and
- Patricia Lee Stotter, Co-Producer, “Service: When Women Come Marching Home”
Boxed lunches and beverages will be provided. This invitation will be widely distributed.
Stroke Comeback Center's 10th Anniversary Celebration Gala
USA TODAY Headquarters
Reception, Dinner and Entertainment!
Date: October 30, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
Location: USA TODAY Headquarters, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA
Find more information on the Gala Page: http://strokecomebackcenter.org/scc2new/index.php/anniversary-gala
For more information on the Center visit: http://strokecomebackcenter.org/scc2new/index.php