National Wear Red Day
National Wear Red Day® is a special day dedicated to bringing attention to this staggering fact that each year, 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke. Wear red to encourage women to raise their voices, know their cardiovascular risk and take action to live longer, healthier lives.
For more information visit: http://www.goredforwomen.org/wearredday/.
Technology Gets Intimate: We're Making it Personal
Talking about them can be tough – you know, things like sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, pregnancy or mental health. But what if these private, often hard-to-broach topics were at the core of a discussion surrounding technology and mobile health? Would you listen?
Room: Potomac Room 4-5
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 9, 4-5 pm, followed by a Disruptive Women in Health Care reception at the Pose Ultra Lounge from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Nancy Green is the Health Care Managing Principal of Verizon Healthcare, focusing on strategic business development as well as the development of solutions and initiatives to address virtual care/telehealth, mhealth, home health and converged wireless mobility.
- Ramin Bastani is Founder and CEO of Healthvana, a patient engagement platform that streamlines provider/patient communication of lab results and health information, such as results of an STD test, in a manner that is simple, actionable and easy to understand.
- Andre Blackman is the Founder of Pulse & Signal, which aims to empower and equip forward-thinking organizations and high-impact thought leaders in health through strategic digital communications.
- Jen Hyatt is the Founder and CEO of Big White Wall, a multi-award winning digital behavioral health and well-being service that delivers personalized support and recovery pathways to improve mental health and related conditions via a safe and engaging collaborative platform of peers, professionals and evidence-based digital partners.
- Tanya Jones is a Board Member of the U.N. Foundation’s mPowering Front Line Health Workers, which accelerates the use of mobile and digital health to improve the performance of front line health workers to prevent child and maternal deaths.
- Alicia Wilson is the Executive Director of La Clinica del Pueblo, a federally qualified health center, which offers free culturally appropriate health services to the Latino and immigrant community, focusing on the most vulnerable.
Co-Sponsors of the event are Verizon and the Personal Connected Health Alliance
2014 mHealth Summit
Gaylord National Harbor, Washington DC
Disparities and Disservice: Women Veterans Deserve Better Health Care
Library of Congress, Jefferson Building Members Room
A panel discussion to explore the disparities that exist in the health care available to women veterans, particularly those with disabilities.
As more women enter military service, there is growing awareness of the unique care women veterans require. From proper care management, timely mammography screenings, and adequate prescription drug counseling for birth defects, to the recognition that our women veterans deserve equal access to quality specialized care. This panel will explore the impacts to women veterans and the need for equity in the delivery of health care services to them. You will hear from panelists who will address the current legislative landscape, the role of social media in connecting and informing on care and services, and what one state has done to overcome these shortfalls.
- Representative Tim Walz (D-Minn)
- Lourdes E. (Alfie) Alvarado-Ramos, Director, WA State Department of Veterans Affairs and
- Patricia Lee Stotter, Co-Producer, “Service: When Women Come Marching Home”
Boxed lunches and beverages will be provided. This invitation will be widely distributed.
Stroke Comeback Center's 10th Anniversary Celebration Gala
USA TODAY Headquarters
Reception, Dinner and Entertainment!
Date: October 30, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
Location: USA TODAY Headquarters, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA
Find more information on the Gala Page: http://strokecomebackcenter.org/scc2new/index.php/anniversary-gala
For more information on the Center visit: http://strokecomebackcenter.org/scc2new/index.php
Disruptive Women UK: Launch
House of Commons
The Economist: The Health Care Forum
The health care industry is in a state of flux. New disruptions have altered the landscape, changed the status quo and provided fresh opportunities for companies around the world. The Economist‘s second annual Health Care Forum will address innovation in care delivery and products, discuss the best business strategies for growth and explore investment prospects within the sector.
Join the conversation and connect with attendees and speakers on Twitter via #HealthCareForum.
Save $400 with code: EMPMPDWH
Hygeia’s First Purple Bag Lunch
1750 K ST NW, 7th Floor
You’re Invited to Hygeia’s First Purple Bag Lunch
The topic will be HHS. Sarah Kliff from Vox will join us to give her perspective on what changes we can expect at HHS under the new leadership. She will also answer any health policy questions you have.
When: Monday, September 15th from noon to 1pm
Where: Amplify Public Affairs
1750 K Street, NW, 7th Floor
Washington, DC 20006
Launch: Disruptive Women’s Hygeia Network
Join Disruptive Women in Health Care to celebrate the launch of our Disruptive Women’s Network Initiative, a professional and personal networking group for young women who work primarily on health care issues in the D.C. area.