Earlier this year, Disruptive Women in Health Care launched a partnership with the EPA where we will be examining issues of health and the environment as they relate to women and children. The primary focus of this partnership will be a series of ebooks that looks at topics where women’s health and the environment intersect, and these will be accompanied by special events co-hosted by Disruptive Women and EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson.
I am very pleased to share the first two ebooks: the first, Health and the Environment, which includes highlights from a White House Summit, offers a broad perspective of issues of women, health and the environment. The second focuses on Racial and Ethnic Asthma Disparities and includes a number of personal stories. The asthma ebook helps commemorate Children’s Health Month, as well as the recently launched interagency initiative by the EPA, HHS and HUD to combat the disturbing trend where minority children are affected by asthma at disproportionate rates.
We hope these ebooks will inspire you to engage with Disruptive Women and the EPA as we move forward with this partnership.
- 5 years ago…”Health Reform: The Ayes Have It”
- Fighting the injustice of health disparities: Honoring the legacies of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & Dr. John M. Eisenberg
- No Basic Training without Basic Health Care – Women Veterans Deserve Better Health Care
- A Celebratory End to Our Stroke Series
- Disruptive Women in Health Care Welcomes the UK: Keep Calm & Disrupt On
- An Apple a Day: What the iPhone Can Teach Us About Health Care
- Eliminating Telehealth Policy Barriers
- Disruptive Women in Health Care Mental Health Series
- Fighting the injustice of health disparities: Honoring the legacies of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Dr. John M. Eisenberg
- The Different Faces of Caregiving: A Disruptive Women Series