By Robin Strongin. Earlier in 2012, Disruptive Women worked closely with the EPA administrator Lisa P. Jackson and her team to organize a number of meetings that took place at the EPA and White House, all of which shared the goal of giving voice to women concerned about the linkages between the environment, health, and wellness. Disruptive Women was honored to be invited to assist the EPA as it highlighted contributions that women have made and continue to make in these fields, and was thrilled to participate in the lively discussions, actively engaging with speakers throughout the series of events.
As a health care blogger who cares deeply about the role of women, I was surprised by how forcefully I was moved by the issues that were raised throughout these events. When presented with a full picture of the link between human health and the environment, I knew that my engagement with this issue could not end when I left the last event at the White House.
That is why this April, in Honor of Earth Month, Disruptive Women is running a series of blog posts showcasing issues where health and the environment intersect. In these posts, our guest bloggers examine the link between health and the environment from various angles, each highlighting areas of professional and personal importance. My hope is that these posts will open your eyes and encourage deeper reflection and further discussion on the topic of health and the environment.
- Loneliness: A Silent Epidemic
- Disruptive Women Mourns the Loss of 2017 Woman to Watch Trish Vradenburg
- Beyond Repeal and Replace
- Loneliness and its Impact on Health: Share Your Story
- See You at HIMSS 2017
- Fighting the injustice of health disparities: Honoring the legacies of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & Dr. John M. Eisenberg
- Closing Out 2016 at the Disruptive Spa (not really, just taking some R&R)
- Launching the Disruptive Women Series on Brain Health: “The Brain is Wider than the Sky”
- Caregiving for Alzheimer’s Patients Affects a Caregiver’s Health. And What You Can Do To Help.
- June Man of the Month: Marc Sommers, PhD